GridwiseTech: 12-month summary, and 12-month plan
Dear Friends, Customers and Partners of GridwiseTech:
While the majority of GridwiseTech clients reside in Poland, our daily news are published in Polish through website, blog and facebook. In order to provide insight regarding our international clientele, we’ve prepared this post to sum up what happened in the last 12 months and what will happen soon.
In Poland: We have executed 30 new contracts, servicing the Oracle database infrastructure including technologies such as Oracle Database, Oracle RAC, Oracle GoldenGate, Oracle BI Publisher, Oracle Database Cloud and Forms&Reports. We have also helped clients with other database solutions, such as Microsoft SQL. Notably, 100% of our regular clients in 2012 extended the contracts with us through 2013. Last year we have provided services in areas of banking and insurance, energy, retail and manufacturing, public sector and academia.
Internationally: we have distinguished ourselves in 3 areas:
- Outsourcing. We have been serving as the IT outsourcing partner to our partner companies in the UK and the USA, providing advanced skill and knowledge at competitive price.
- Research. We successfully completed the 7th Framework project IGE together with an international academic consortium led by Leibniz Supercomputing Center near Munich, Germany.
- Management consulting. We helped Stampa, the leading Serbian retail chain to define their new IT strategy.
Events. We were present at Big Data week in London, Oracle Open World in San Francisco, the EGI-TF in Prague, Oracle Application Day in Zurich. We were the only Oracle partner speaking in the plenary session of Oracle Day 2012, Warsaw and organized Big Data seminars in Krakow.
Publications. We have published about 20 articles on our Polish technology blog, we have also published 3 white-papers in English, the most recent called OracleCare: the business metrics for database infrastructure (the other whitepapers available here). We set up Facebook fanpage for Polish fans.
Team. As we are expanding our team to handle an influx of new projects, we hired a Data Scientist, the senior BI expert, an Oracle DBA with 30-year experience, and two account managers.
Technology. Besides our practice in Database, we continue to invest heavily in Big Data (see the technology listing below).
GridwiseTech plans to continue its role as the leading Oracle data expert in Poland. We also intend to spread the gospel of best practices in Big Data – starting April 2013, we schedule at least one seminar or training per month, held most frequently in Warsaw and Krakow. We will certainly attend the major events in San Francisco, London and other cities.
GridwiseTech remains highly specialized service company focused on data management layer of IT systems. GridwiseTech’s professional services aims nontrivial issues related to large data and databases, with particular focus on:
- Big Data, including unstructured data, data mining, machine learning, data quality, SQL and noSQL, Business Intelligence
- Relational database infrastructures, including database reliability, efficiency, scalability and security; techniques of data replication, data transformation, extract/transform/load (ETL), data warehousing, disaster recovery (DR) and high-availability (HA), database consolidation and migration
We succesfully continue to deliver value in three aforementioned areas: outsourcing, management consulting, and research with academia. You are kindly invited to contact us and discuss how we can work better together.